Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A List Of Thirty Highly Regarded, Well-Loved Books And Plays Which Are Widely Known To Be Fiercely Disliked By Many Readers:

David Copperfield

A Christmas Carol

Great Expectations

Hard Times

Oliver Twist

The Scarlet Letter

My Antonia

The Last of the Mohicans

Moby Dick

Billy Budd

Tropic of Cancer

The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn

The Catcher In The Rye

Little Women

Ulysses

The Red Badge of Courage

The Call of the Wild

The Age of Innocence

Ethan Frome

Atlas Shrugged

The Fountainhead

Giants in the Earth

Farewell to Arms

The Grapes of Wrath

Animal Farm

The Stranger

Shakespeare's "histories"

Our Town

Death of a Salesman

The Glass Menagerie

1 Comments:

At Friday, April 17, 2009 7:51:00 AM, Blogger Kate & Spencer said...

I think Age of Innocence is my favorite on that list. I loved that book. I think you forgot As I Lay Dying on that list... nearly every one of my classmates hated that book, while I rather liked it. I have to say there are plenty on the list I don't care for but Huck Finn is another fave.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home