Friday, December 28, 2007

Hg is NOT your friend.... just a little something I picked up in this....


After a recent discussion on the periodic table of elements I stumbled upon this book aimed at educating kids on facts about the elements and I was captivated. I had to pick one up. Its clever illustrations are done by Simon Basher. And the text is done by a chemistry teacher, Adrian Dingle. "This book combines the hard facts of the elements, as written by an expert high school chemistry teacher, the fun and easy-to-understand readability of a personal ad, and the wonder of Basher’s edgy but cute manga-like illustrations," explains the Houghton Mifflin press release. Before long I'll be able to recall the symbols for even the most obscure elements. I think that should come in very handy in my day to day life!

--Kate

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home