Saturday, May 12, 2007

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others." -- Groucho Marx

The Marx Brothers are loads of fun. I recently watched my first few films and now I'm in love. I had no idea the extent to which they've spilled over into pop culture... TV, films, cartoons, nearly everything. You can learn more about them here.
A few Groucho Marx quotations:

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing..if you can fake that, you've got it made.

Military justice is to justice what military music is to music.

Dig trenches? With our men being killed off like flies? There isn't time to dig trenches. We'll have to buy them ready made.

I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.

I sent the club a wire stating, Please accept my resignation. I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member.

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.

I didn't like the play, but then I saw it under adverse conditions-the curtain was up.

Now there's a man with an open mind - you can feel the breeze from here!

I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it.

She got her good looks from her father. He's a plastic surgeon.

I worked myself up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty.

Last night I shot an elephant in my pajamas and how he got in my pajamas I'll never know.

A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.

Before I speak, I have something important to say.

Military intelligence is a contradiction in terms.

I intend to live forever, or die trying.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
--Kate

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home